This is so pretty and can be made using things around the house – scrap booking paper, extra buttons, some ribbon scraps, a frame (this is the perfect opportunity to use a frame that doesn’t have the glass!).
- Frame with out glass *square shape I think works best; I’m using a 10″ square frame
- White buttons different sizes
- Tacky glue
- Decorative paper that finds into your frame (wrapping or scrap booking paper)
- Piece of card stock that will fit in frame
- Scrap piece of paper for circle pattern
- Optional: 3 small red jingle bells, hot glue, red ribbon for bow
Cut your decorative paper and a piece of card stock to fit in your frame. Glue the decorative paper to card stock (this is just to give support the buttons get heavy), cut a 3″ circle from scrap paper for the center guide to make the wreath. Place on your decorative paper, and get your buttons ready. Start by gluing buttons around the circle.
Remove the center pattern circle, and keep building your wreath. Use different sizes and do not worry it there are spaces, we are going to make a layered ring on top.
Keep gluing, adding glued buttons on top of each other. Let dry when you have the wreath enough buttons.
Let dry (remember, Tacky glue dies clear!). Place wreath paper into frame. Make a red bow for the top of wreath (I like wired ribbon), and glue in place. Hot glue 3 small red jingle bells off to one side. (No bells? How about red buttons?)
This wreath is fun and easy to do, it can be made in any size. Look around for old square frames and start gluing buttons! How adorable will this framed wreath look in your home or maybe as a special gift?!
Try green buttons on some pretty white/silver paper?