Looking for a unique and eco-friendly way toThe surprised look you get when you give the decorated can as a gift is so worth the effect. Recycling your pop top soup cans will be a sure way your special gift will be remembered!
- Pop top soup can (opened from bottom of can)
- Can Opener that makes a clean cut out from the side not the middle of can (I used a Pampered Chef can opener)
- Holiday paper or wrapping paper
- 8″ – 10″ piece of ribbon (to hold gift inside can)
- Double stick tape
- Glue (Super Glue, Weldbond or any strong glue)
- Gift that will fit inside the can-gift card, money, jewerly, key to new car
- Optional: Gift tag, extra ribbon, bells, stickers for decorating can, Zots adhesive dots
Your can needs to be a pop top can (like some soup and veggie cans), and the can opener is the key to this unique gift wrap idea. I used a Pampered Chef can opener, it cuts the can open from the side, making it possible to glue back on without anyone notice. First pick your can and open from the BOTTOM. Remove label, clean the inside and bottom cut out piece,and dry them off.
Cut wrapping paper or holiday scrapbook paper to fit around can, and tape in place. Add decorative ribbon or sticks. Now it’s time to put your special gift in! With a piece of ribbon about 8″ – 10″ long, tape or tie your gift to one end and on the other end stick strong double stick tape (I like to use Zots clear adhesive dots). You are going to stick the ribbon with tape on it to the inside top of the can, I use the earser end of a pencil to gently push taped end to stick to the inside of the can.
Put your gift into the can, and run your glue around the edge of bottom of the can (the piece you cut out) and place back on can. Push and hold in place, wipe out extra glue and let dry. You can’t even see that the can has been opened! 🙂
Add a gift tag and get ready for your special gift to be opened. You might get some interesting looks, just point to the top and watch them pop in open.
What a fun way to give a gift! Are you having soup tonight?!?
Sharing with: Tip Junkie