This fun and fizzy refreshment will be a hit with the kids (and it looks great, too)!
The layered effect of the drinks is due to the differences in each beverage’s sugar content; the higher the sugar content of a drink, the more dense it is. So for our fizzy, the drink with the highest sugar content goes first (with the ingredients used here, the cranberry juice had the highest sugar content), followed by the drink with a lower sugar content (in this case, the Gatorade), and finished with the least amount of sugar (the diet soda). Be sure to use diet soda, since it has no sugar and will “float” well on top of the other drinks.
-Diet Lemon Lime Soda
- Fill clear glasses (or plastic cups) with ice cubes.
- Pour cranberry juice into cup, filling about 1/3 of the cup.
- Pour Gatorade next; be sure to pour VERY slowly and pour onto an ice cube so that the drinks don’t mix together.
- Fill the remainder of the cup with diet lemon lime soda, again being careful to pour slowly and onto an ice cube.
- Garnish with a fun straw and enjoy!
[…] of https://craftingmom.com Fireworks Red, White and Blue […]